MYOPIA CONTROL IN GREENACRES FL.
Myopia (Near-Sightedness) is the inability to see clearly at a distance. Myopia has been around for centuries but nowadays it is growing in numbers at an alarming rate. There are currently nearly 1.5 Billion people worldwide that are myopic – that’s nearly 25% of the entire world needing glasses or contacts to see things on a daily basis. Furthermore, scientists predict that nearly 50% of the population will be myopic by 2050 with nearly 10% of the world’s population at an elevated prescription increasing their risks of serious eye problems including macular disease, glaucoma and retinal detachments. At GreenLake Eyecare we are able to offer multiple ways to help slow down that progression.
MiSight Daily Disposable Contact Lenses
- First FDA approved daily disposable soft contact lenses for the halting of Myopia progression in kids as young as 8 years old
- Lenses are designed to be worn at least 6 days per week for at least 8 hours per day to achieve the maximum results.
- Research shows the starting nearsighted kids as early as 8 years old will significantly decrease their risk of severe vision loss, glaucoma and lifestyle obstacles as they get older.
Ortho-Keratology (Vision Shaping Treatment)
- Paragon Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT) or Ortho-Keratology (Ortho-K) lenses are an FDA approved method of non-surgical solution to myopia.
- These custom designed permeable lenses are worn overnight! They work to gently correct the curvature of the cornea while you sleep. In the morning, simply remove the lenses and enjoy your enhanced vision. It may take several nights of treatment to obtain unaided-vision throughout your day.
- These lenses are approved for all ages but have shown to significantly decrease the progression of myopia in children when starting at an early age.